Sunday 9 February 2014

MAC Eyeshadow Palette

MAC eyeshadows top row: from left-right Naked Lunch, Amber Lights, Sable, Antiqued, Cranberry. Middle row: Embark.

I started of by having a four pan palette and noticed that it was a little less expensive as to buying the normal singles therefore I thought it was best for me to buy the refill pans. I've been slowly
building it up as I think about the eyeshadows I buy. I don't want go in and start buying eyeshadows just for the sake of building up my palette. The colours I want for this palette are those that suit my skintone and something that I'll always can wear. I've always loved MAC eyeshadows (and lipsticks!) as they are very pigmented and therefore shows very well on my skintone.

Espresso: This is the first MAC eyeshadow I've bought and I use it on my eyebrows, it was also the first thing I used to fill in my eyebrows with. This eyeshadow is not in the 15 pan palette but as a single so it easier to carry it around with me. Espresso is a matte dark brown other than filling it in my eyebrows, I also sometimes use it as a crease shadow.

Top row; from left-right
Naked Lunch: This eyeshadow is a beautiful light pink and has shimmer running through. I was a little on the fence on buying this eyeshadow but once it was applied on me, I had to have it. I use it a brow highlighter and as inner corner highlighter on my eyes.

Amber Lights: A golden brown with shimmer running through. If you haven't seen this yet, you have to. Its the perfect golden colour you'll ever see. It'll look good on any skintone and the golden brown colour would make any eye colour look good.

Sable: I bought this recently, I was deciding on whether to get Sable or Satin Taupe and I'm glad that I ended up with Sable. Sable is a brown/bronze/plum colour with shimmer running through. It looks very warm on the skin, on the pan you don't notice the plum colour but on on the lid it really comes through. This eyeshadow is one of my favourites of the bunch!

Antiqued: An other favorite of mine is Antiqued. a dark brown and bronze colour with shimmer running through. Sable and Antiqued is a beautiful combination and works every time. The thing that really draw me to this eyeshadow was the bronzed colour, its really a true bronze, when you think bronze then this is the colour you imagine.

Cranberry: This eyeshadow is a little different from the rest. Its a dark red/plum with shimmer. I thought that it would look weird on my skintone, it doesn't look plummy but more red on me but I still like it. Its quite different from the standard dark browns and golden eyeshadows. I don't wear it as often as I like to because I haven't yet found a combination that really works for me, any suggestions?

Middle row:
Embark: A dark matte brown, slightly lighter then Espresso. I use it on my crease when a I want a lighter look that looks effortless.

Which MAC eyeshadows are your favourite?


No comments:

Post a Comment