Wednesday 29 January 2014

My foundation story + Review - Estée Lauder Double Wear Light Foundation

Estée Lauder Double Wear Light






















I've had a lot of troubles with finding foundations because here in Denmark, the drugstores don't cater to darker skintones and unfortunately Mac foundations break me out. I remember when I was younger, wondering why big beauty companies like L'oreal, Maybelline etc. didn't make foundations for those with a darker skintone. I also remember being told by those work at the drugstores that the beauty companies didn't make foundations for those with darker skintones. It made me sad and angry because why didn't my skintone matter? But then one day I saw an advert for a L'oreal foundation that included both light and dark toned foundations. I went online to read more about the foundation and after some research found out the both L'oreal, Maybelline and other beauty companies did make darker shade foundations.
This was great news for me because as I said before I didn't know and I had been told that it wasn't something that was made. I then went back to the drugstore to see if they did have some dark shades of the L'oreal foundation and if they didn't, maybe they could order it. But sadly the drugstore didn't stock the foundation in darker shades and they can't order them. The reason that was given to me was that darker shades foundation wasn't in stock was because it doesn't sell (meaning there is no money to be earned in it!). This annoyed me so much, how can you say that there is no market for it when you haven't had it in market in the first place?
The high-end brands such as Chanel, Bobbi Brown, Estée Lauder, Lancome etc. the darker foundation shades are available so its not all bad but those brands are expensive. I hope that some day drugstore foundations in darker shades will be available here but until then I will be purchasing the high-end brands (which can be a very expensive affair!).

Wow that was a long story! Lets get to the review! I had this foundation for quite some time now and I love it. Its comes in a little tube (30 ml), which makes it easy to travel with.
The shade is a perfect match for me (5.0), at first I applied the foundation with a Real Techniques stippling brush but then I switched it and used the Real techniques buffing brush instead, the finish I got was more matte, felt very smooth and looked much better. When finding my shade I took the shades 4.0, 5.0 and 6.0, swatched them on my jawline, went outside with a little mirror and the 5.0 was the one that matched me the best.
This foundation is great to use in the daytime as its a sheer to medium coverage and covers all blemishes. It says that it last 15 hours but when I'm at work or out running errands I find that its about eight hours which I still think is great. The foundation does not oxidize when applied and also has SPF 10. I've used this foundation on its own, I haven't yet tried it with a primer.

At the time being this is my favourite foundation, if you haven't tried it and you're looking for a light to medium coverage, I recommend that you give Estée Lauder Double Wear Light a try.

Whats your foundation story and whats your favourite foundation?
   




No comments:

Post a Comment